Cheers and Jeers: Jeers-Heavy Edition
- Being asked “How are we coming on [annoying project]?” when it is clear to you, me, Dianne Wiest, your grandma, CNN and the Christ child that I am the only one who has actual work to complete.
- The church across the street that keeps chiming its damn bells for 15 minute stretches at random intervals throughout the day. What the fuck is going on in there? Quasimodo practice?
- Being given a reasonable informal estimate for some masonry work; getting formal estimate that is TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS HIGHER. For that price, those bricks had better be able to do my taxes, moisturize my skin, and give all my houseguests earth-shattering orgasms.
- OMFG, can we please stop with the Diablo Cody hating? Look, if you didn’t like “Juno,” FINE. But why so much personal hate towards the screenwriter? If she’s in the news too much for your taste, then place the blame on the media outlets where it belongs. But the girl came by her success honestly – someone noticed her blogging, liked her writing, and the doors opened – so why can’t you at least give her credit for that? Is the fact that there are insanely more talented screenwriters out there still struggling for their Big Break? Well, holy shit, is that NEWS?! I just don’t get it – Hollywood is filled with no-talent attention whores like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and the entire gamut of reality “stars,” and you choose to hate on the one girl who actually WORKS for her success? GOD FORBID we applaud a woman for making a name for herself and winning a goddamn Oscar…let’s take cheap shots at her appearance instead. Give me a fucking break, Nell Carter. Honest to blog.
- Getting myself worked up about people I don’t even know.
- Diablo Cody
Entry filed under: Taste my Backhand.